Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Hey!!!
   Well, I am doing fabulous, as normal! Haha. My new area is great! It is a little different than Manchester, but I still love it. We are already teaching a lot of people and have a couple dates. So it is exciting. My companion's name is Elder Bowers. He is a great guy. He comes from California. I can't remember the name of his town, but it is by LA. He has been out only one transfer ahead of me, so we are both young and excited to work. We have 10 Elders and 2 Sisters in our district. Our district is so great though. It is fun being the District Leader. Challenging at times, but well worth it.
   So on Mother's Day, we aren't exactly sure... We talked with the members who have a computer we can use and they haven't gotten back to us on a time yet. Probably sometime between 3 and 6. I know that is a big chunk of time, but I just don't know. I will you before we get on though and see if it is a good time. I am very excited to talk with everybody and see them all! Yes, Elder Belliston stayed in Manchester. They don't normally send out both missionaries. They try and leave one who knows the area.
   We had an amazing experience on Saturday! Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to use. We got to meet him and shake his hand!! Of course, he commented about my name, haha. It was funny. He just asked if that was really it, haha. He is a sweet guy! And with him being there, nobody could have denied the Spirit that testified he was a servant of God. He bore the sweetest testimony of the Savior as well. When he talked to us, he gave us tons of advice. One of my favorite topics was when he started talked about how the Lord knows the beginning from the end. He knows exactly what is going to happen and when, and He knows where we need to be. So we need to be patient and just submit our will to the Lord. And once we do that he will shape and mold us into who we can become!
   I love his Gospel! There is nothing on earth that is more satisfying than knowing that we are all children of God and can be like Him! That is our purpose in life, to become like God. We are heirs to His kingdom. All that he has is ours for the taking if we just live our lives according to the commandments and Gospel. It really isn't that complicated. However, the natural man gets the best of us quite often. We just have to push forward feasting upon the words of Christ and endure to the end. Just like it says in 2 Nephi 31:20-21.
  I love you!
Elder Elder

P.S. My new address is:
Elder Jason Elder
558 27th St #11B
Rock Island, IL 61201

P.S.S. I don't know how long I will be here so if you send a package do it before June 7. That is the next transfer date and I don't know if I am staying or going.

Cute kids!

Elder Bowers, my new companion.

Sweet barn church

Our apartment 
Just working out while studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment