Well, I hope everything is going well, and that everybody had a wonderful week. I sure know that I had a great week. We were able to find four more investigators. We hope that this coming week we will have dates set for all of them to be baptized.
Rick and Heather Bristow are the first ones. They had a baptismal date for Nov. 2, but because of some technicalities it is being pushed back for a month or two, but they are so solid. They love having us over to teach them.
Mary Ann is the nest. She is a wonderful lady and is of the Catholic faith. She had a baptismal date for last Saturday but she is struggling with her testimony of the Book of Mormon. She believes it, but only in her head, and not her heart. But she is an amazing lady.
Dave Hickson is a single guy who is older, but he has a baptismal date for Dec. 22. He came to church yesterday and loved it! He even answered questions in Elders Quorum. It is so awesome to see his knowledge and interest grow.
Nichole and John Zewel are very humble farmers that are just amazing people. They have a strong belief in the Catholic faith, but they still listened to our message. When we were talking about the Book of Mormon with them, Nichole was saying how amazing it was. She was saying that it made so much sense that the Savior would also come to the Americas. She really enjoyed the Book of Mormon. We set up another appointment to meet with them on Saturday!! So wish us luck! They said that they were going to pray and ask their Heavenly Father if it was all true! I know that if they do that, they will get their answer. The Lord has really prepared these two to receive the restored Gospel.
Libby and Dylan are the last ones that we have. They are both single adults that live here in Manchester. Libby has two kids and is very strong in the Catholic faith. Both have had one lesson and want us to come back and teach them more. So we are excited for them. We need to set up baptismal dates with them now!!
Well it's getting pretty cold here in Iowa!! I might freeze while I'm here! Every time Elder Harris and I go out, I put on like as much clothes as I possible can. I normally wear my white shirt, a sweater vest, my suit coat, my wool coat, and then the wind breaker that goes over it! I stay pretty warm after that. It's only the beginning, and people here say that this is warm!!!! They say that it is going to get much colder! Every time I hear that I cry a little bit inside! I already put on all of my clothes to stay warm. I am going to have to buy some kind of battery powered heated suit!!! haha
Yesterday was fast Sunday for us here in Manchester, because of stake conference. We heard some pretty powerful testimonies. The second counselor, Brother Bockensted bore his testimony about knowing who he is, and not being ashamed of it. He is so right. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This church is the exact same church that Jesus started in times of old and we shouldn't be afraid to share it with our friends, neighbors and colleagues. We should be so excited to share the truth with our brothers and sisters. Nothing is more important than this Gospel.
Hope all is well and I love you all!
Love,
Elder Elder
| What? |
| These two have too much fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment