Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 26, 2012

Hey everybody!!
   Greetings and happy Thanksgiving from Manchester, Iowa! I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed the spirit of giving thanks. There are so many things that we all should be thankful for. My companion and I had a great day. We were invited to go to four different dinners! Needless to say, we were both stuffed by the end of the night. The members here are wonderful. They treat us just like family.
   Elder Harris and I are working with a lot of investigators and are teaching a lot of lessons. Last Tuesday, we had the opportunity as a mission to have Elder Don. R. Clarke of the Seventy come and give us counsel and training. If was pretty amazing. He gave us all such wonderful advice for our missions and life. He is a wonderful man!
   So something that our mission has been stressing lately is teaching people the doctrine of Christ. The doctrine consists of five principles: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. This is the most exciting thing to teach people because the Spirit is so strong when we do teach it. One of my favorite things to teach involves a step in repentance. It is probably the most important one as well. It is the step of acknowledging the Savior. The most important part of repentance is the realization that forgiveness comes because of Jesus Christ. Sometimes you may have felt that God will not forgive sins, but the Savior suffered for our sins so they can be put behind us, even the comfort to all of us that the Savior did suffer for our sins! He did this because he loves each and every one of us so much. And the healing power of the Atonement can make all of us clean from our sins and mistakes. I am so grateful for this doctrine, and the ability that I have to repent every day. I know that as we repent, we can be forgiven!
   Well I hope that everybody has a great week!
Love,
Elder Elder

Decorating for Christmas

Hiking on P-Day

Thanksgiving pictures from the Hales family

Christmas from the Hales Family


No comments:

Post a Comment