Well, I don't have too much to say this week, but it was a good one. We are teaching two families right now, and a few individuals as well. The Bristows and Archy Thomas all have baptism dates for Decc. 22 and the Rumbo family (Jesus, Laurie, Angel, Lucas and Junior) all have dates for the 29th of December. They aren't as solid as we want them to be, but we are teaching them on Wednesday and are hoping to have a wonderful lesson that will help their testimonies grow in the Savior!
Not too much has happened this week, but I do want to share a scripture from my studies that I really liked. It is in Mormon. So this is when Mormon is trying to get the Nephites to repent so they won't be destroyed. It is Mormon 3:2-3. (2) And it came to pass that the Lord did say unto me: Cry unto this people--Repent ye, and come unto me, and be ye baptized, and build up again my church, and ye shall be spared. (3) And I did cry unto this people, but it was in vain; and they did not realize that it was the Lord that had spared them, and granted unto them a chance for repentance. And behold they did harden their hearts against the Lord their God." That scripture just makes me think how much the Lord does love us. Even in the Nephites wicked state, we still gave them a chance to repent. The Lord truly doesn't care what you have done, he only cares where you are right now and where you are willing to go with his help. I love this Gospel. There is nothing else that can bring the healing power that the Atonement does bring. No matter what we have don, we can always lean on our brother's shoulder for help and guidance. My favorite thing is to teach this to people and see the hope that it gives all of them. I love all of you and wish you happy holidays!!
Love,
Elder Elder
| Elder Harris |
| Yes, we are cooking a meal. |
| In the Basilica |
| Weekly Planning Blizzard |
No comments:
Post a Comment