Merry Christmas!!! Well, transfer calls were in on Friday and I have been called to be a trainer. I get my new companion on Thursday. I am pretty sad that Elder Harris is going home though, but he has served two wonderful years, and has taught me so much in these past two transfers. I just hope that I can be half the trainer that he was.
So for Christmas Eve, tonight we are going to the Bockensted's home to celebrate. The families here in Manchester are so great to us. We had to turn people down because we are already booked for Christmas. We are spending the day going to quite a few of the members' homes. It is going to be an awesome day.
Last night we had a great experience that I wanted to share with everybody. We had a teaching appointment with a less-active/part-member family. As we went there, we started talking about prayer and about how our Heavenly Father really does love everybody. After we bore a strong testimony of this, Tony, the non-member, started to cry, and then Nichole, his member/less-active wife, started crying too. The Spirit was so strong afterwards! We are really starting to realize the power behind the Atonement. These two people need it so much in their lives. I just love to see the happiness and the hope that it can bring. And what a wonderful time it is to be thinking about the Savior and His purpose and mission here on the earth. I encourage all of you to take some time this Christmas season and ponder in your hearts the true meaning of Christmas and what the Savior truly means to you.
I love all of you, and wish you all a merry Christmas.
Elder Elder
| Snow day with Zone Leaders |
| We might have gotten stuck in the snow... |
No comments:
Post a Comment